TeeRoy's 2 Cents:
- Free Kodak!
- Sounds like it may have been an honest mistake.
- Considering the charge in question still hasn't gone to trial, maybe Kodak felt like things weren't final.
- At least he was trying to do things above board. The fact that he went to a store and filled out an application suggests that Kodak wanted to keep things on the up-and-up.
- And this is why you just hire a licensed bodyguard, so you don't have to worry about everything else.
- Was it an honest mistake or an attempt to get one over? That's for the court to decide.
- He shouldn't expect to be given the benefit of the doubt given his criminal history. At this point, the kid is getting locked up once a month, like clockwork.
XXL reports Kodak Black is looking at 10 years behind bars after allegedly lying on paperwork for a gun application.
Court documents state that the Florida rapper made two separate attempts to obtain a firearm from a place called Lou’s Police Distributors in Hialeah, Florida earlier this year. He’s accused of making false statements on his applications -- conveniently forgetting to list a 2016 charge on a part of the form that specifically asks about felony indictments.
Kodak’s lawyer,Bradford Cohen, points out that the language the application uses can be confusing if you lack legal expertise. He seems to think his client may have misunderstood what the form was asking.
Kodak is due back in court today (Wednesday) for a bail hearing.